This cave is 43km east of Mahabad, it was formed in the secondary geologic era. It was first mentioned by a French geographer named Jacques Demorgan in 1890. He explored the cave with the help of locals with a boat and he made a map of the cave. He found potteries belonging to Parthian dynasty and lantern from Ilkhani dynasty in the cave. The cave consists of two parts, a dry part and a wet part. In the part that is filled with water there are three pools of water, the average depth of these pools is about 15m and the deepest pool is about 60m.
The stalactites which hang from the ceiling of the cave are breath taking, some of these are shaped like animals. The dry part is a residence of bats and pigeons, in the vicinity of the cave there are some castles which had hidden paths to the cave but they are now blocked due to plenty of earthquakes that happened there.